Welcome to my website. These articles cover my time living overseas in northwest China, Sudan and Vietnam. Others are set around my hometown, Vancouver, Canada and along the West Coast from California north to Alaska.
I’m an experienced journalist and editor and for many years specialized in writing about the maritime and shipping industry in California, Oregon, Washington State, B.C. and Alaska. Here’s a more detailed bio.
Not sure where to start? Here’s a selection of my posts and pages:
- MOST POPULAR: Kyle Washington: The Prince of Tides in Maritime
- SECOND MOST POPULAR: Escape from the 91st Floor (9/11 interview in Maritime)
- MOST COMMENTS: Memories of Bint el Sudan in Sudan
- MOST LIKES: Coffee in Hanoi in Vietnam
- MOST RECENT: An interview with author and poet Ian Williams in Canada
- MY FAVOURITES: Varies, but here are a few of them:
* Winter in Urumqi in China
* Surprise in Omdurman Souk in Sudan
* In praise of roommates and random conversations in Vietnam
* Gabriola Pass without an engine in Canada